With this post i give you a listing of links to all ressources mentioned in the webinar, as well as some F.A.Q. regarding mobile on APEX.
There will also be information on a 1-day training on mobile Applications with Oracle APEX, given by me in Oct 2011.
At first a listing of the ressources:
- You can download the slides i used during the webinar
- jQuery mobile -> there you’ll find links to the Documenation, Forum, Blog
- jQuery mobile Device Support Matrix
- Gallery of mobile Webistes built with jQuery mobile
- APEX Statement of Direction
- Blog Post Series “mobile APEX”
- HTML5 Item Type Plugins at www.apex-plugin.com
- Google Visualization Region Type Plugin from Roel Hartman
The most common Questions and their answers:
- Q: Is your mobile Theme available for download?
- A: How I built the mobile Theme is described in a series of Blogposts
- Q: Do I have to develop seperate Pages or Applications for mobile and Standard or does jQuery mobile automatically render my desktop version mobile-friendly?
- A: Mobile Websites and Desktop Websites have one big difference: the screen size. So you will want to make sure, that the little screen you have is used as good as possible. Show only the necessary informations and reduced menues will be beneficiary for the mobile experience. That means: develop one Desktop Application with all the functionality you need, and a separate Application for mobile devices with only the necessary functions on it. Your users will appreciate that.
- Q: Is jQuery mobile limited to iPhones or Android Phones?
- A: Not at all. jQuery mobile tries to cover all mobile devices like phones or tablets. Depending on the device features jQuery mobile tries to make your page as nice and good working as possible. See the Device Support Matrix for Details.
- A: Once you have the mobile theme you only need standard APEX skills to create a mobile Application.
If you are eager to start developing mobile Applications but don’t know how to do that you can attend my 1-Day Training Class for Developing mobile Application with Oracle APEX.
This Training is scheduled to take place on Oct 04th 2011 in Vienna, Austria. If there is enough demand for an extra english-speaking Training class i would schedule an english Training the day before or so.
Please email me at apex [at] click-click.at or comment on this blog post if you are interested in attending an english speaking training class for developing mobile Application with Oracle APEX.