What’s new/changed, besides the obvious listed in the Patch Release notes?
- got an improved security check. They now look for read privilege on the apex-admin-role instead of full admin privileges.
- APEX_DEBUG_MESSAGES finally lists the Call Stack where a message was written (level 9 debug, only)
- new View APEX_INSTANCE_PARAMETERS
APEX Admin Read Role
- new Role / Function to give more detailed access to APEX API functions and dictionary views:
- user is wwv_flow.g_flow_schema_owner, SYS, SYSTEM
- user has been granted APEX_ADMINISTRATOR_ROLE
- user has been granted APEX_ADMINISTRATOR_READ_ROLE
- user has been granted SELECT ANY DICTIONARY
- some dramatic changes, mostly colors by a shade, like change a barchart border-color from #7977de to #7978de
- I guess Shakeeb wanted to make everything look even more “crisp” ;-)
- A first glance shows that debug messages have been added. I guess that goes hand in hand with security tightening the code itself.
Well, all not that exciting, right? But after all, it is just a patch set meant to fix bugs. All development efforts go (and should) to 5.1 !
Already installed 5.0.4? No? Go get it now !