Here are my 10 features:
- Plugins for Tabular Forms. Whats possible now for Item Types should also be possible for report column types.
- Better Translation support. Translations nowadays are hard work and not understandable for customers. Why do they have to deal with XLIFF files having no information where a text-string is displayed?
- Cascading LOV’s in TabForms
- Hotkeys for Buttons. To get better keyboard support and more RIA (Rich Internet Application) Feeling those shortcuts for Buttons or Menues are a must.
- Syntax Highlighting in APEX Builder. Helps everyone to understand code better.
- Tight Integration of Jasper Reports. Not everyone can afford BI-Publisher and some say Jasper is better anyways…
- Full control over templates. Define templates for all item types and how APEX puts those items in your region. This would help to get rid of tables (if you want this).
- More Row functions in TabForms. The new AddRow-functionality is fine, but what if you want to add the new row on top of your TabForm? A copy-row function would be fine, too.
- Application Diff. A Side by Side difference utility would be awesome!
- Rights/Privileges for Application Builder. This may sound odd, but some settings in an application (e.g. authentication scheme) should only be changeable for higher privileged developers. This would be a nice feature for bigger companies where “real” developers and power users develop together an application.
What do you want to see in a future APEX Version?