The first time i used ApexLib in a Project i thought
“Man, this is cool stuff!”,
directly followed by another thought:
“Why is this so awful complicated to add to my application? There need to be a one-click installation so everyone can use it!”.
And that lead me to my first ApexLib enhancement: a script which integrates ApexLib in your existing APEX Application. You don’t need to create dozens of regions by hand anymore, its all done by this script.
It works like this (on windows, similiar on other systems):
- open a Command-Box (Start -> Run -> Cmd)
- change to the Scripts directory of ApexLib (e.g. cd \ApexLib\Scripts)
- connect to your database using SQLPLUS as SYS or Application-User (e.g. SQLPLUS myappluser/myapplpassword)
- execute the script ApexLib_integrate_into_application.sql (e.g. @ApexLib_integrate_into_application.sql)
- enter the id of the application you want to use ApexLib with
Now lean back and enjoy ;-)